Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

KS after 20 months.. please help
Jan 5, 2009

Dr. Bob,

I pledge to donate to your foundation. I have tested 5 times hiv 1/2 anti-hiv antibody test out to 19 months (until now) from the exposure all were negative. But there developed a purple-coloured nonitchy lesion on my feet which turned into a blister with clear fluid. The blister erupted out, leaving is an open sore. The redness (with purple color)around the lesion is broadening and now becoming itchy after 2 weeks. The lesion area is also swollen up. Now I started to believe that it is KS. I am sure you will agree with me and my symptoms are KS related. I wonder why antibody tests give negative results despite having AIDS related symptoms. I never had such lesions before 30 years of my life. I havent performed viral load tests as antibody tests came negative one after another for 5 times. May be I couldnt produce hiv antibody or elisa didnt pick up hiv antibody. Please help....I havent slept since 2 weeks..

jks

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello JKS,

"I am sure you will agree with me, my symptoms are KS related." What???? Dude, exactly what are you smoking? No, I surely do not agree with you! You've had five negative HIV-1/HIV-2 tests out to 19 months!!!! Exactly what part of "HIV negative" are you having difficulty understanding???

"I wonder why antibody tests give negative results despite having AIDS related symptoms." Hmm . . . care to take a guess??? No, not because the tests are wrong. No, not because you don't produce HIV antibodies. No, not because the five negative EIAs didn't pick up your anti-HIV antibodies. Any other guesses? Oh come on, think. This isn't rocket science. Honest! The reason your HIV-antibody tests, all five of them extending out to 19 months, are negative is you don't have HIV!!! Whatever is going on with your foot, it's not HIV related, and it's not KS. If you want to know what that spot on your foot is, go see a dermatologist.

Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Now stop worrying about HIV, OK?

Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Fresh Blood
Next
please help..

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.