anemia effect on HIV antibody test
Jan 5, 2009
Hi Dr, My friend has anemia. She is going to get a HIV antibody test for HIV 1 and HIV 2. Being anemic or having anemia, does it have an affect on the HIV antibody test? i mean like delayed sero conversion or false results. Does she need to get a PCR. Please advise
Response from Dr. Frascino
Anemia will not affect HIV-antibody test results.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Tingling In Feet After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Vomiting After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Warts On Your Hands?
- Chlamydia Scarring
- What Is The Fastest Growing Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.