Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Sex at Massage Ceneter, Worried about HIV
Jan 3, 2009

H Dr.

I am getting treated for chronic prostaitis for the last 8 years. I used to have black discharge out of my penis, abdominal pain and painful ejaculation. 8 years back I had blood in the urine and Dr did cytoscopy and he said it might be chronic prostaitis. For the last 2years i am not using any medication as the above symptoms dont appear frequently to me.

9 months back I am completely boozed and after a party I went to massage center at Atlantic City. I clearly mentioned the girl I dont want any sex but just massage. I had protected sex with her but while removing the condom she placed a tissue paper on it and used the same condom to clean my penis. I immediately went to rest room and cleaned my penis with water. Now I have a fear of HIV. I got Urine Analysis, HIV ELISA(-ve), CHLAMYDIA , HIV PCR DNA test(-ve) at 15 days. There are 30-40 wbc in my urine and after using azithromycin it went off. I tested again at 30 days (Hiv PCR DNA -ve, UA and Urine Culture (Normal)),60 Days (Hiv ELISA -ve,UA Normal),80 days(Orasure antibody -ve), 90 Days (HIV elisa, PCR RNA -ve), 120 days (ELISA -ve), 150 days(ELISA -VE, UA again 20-30 wbc and urine culture sterile AND I used Levaquin for wbc in urine) , 180 days (HIV 1&2 PCR DNA,RNA,ELISA -ve), 7 months (HIV ELISA -ve). At 8 months I went to endocrinologist as my triglycerides increased to 450 and my HDL lowered from 40 to 20 and there is decrease in testosterone and I am using medications prescribed by endocrinologist and urologist mentioned that prostrate is also increased and I am using medication for that. I am having body pains and back pain frequently after this incident. Endocronolgist is mentioning that the pains and prostarte enlargement is due to the excessive stress i am going thru. again at 9 months (hiv p24 antigen, hiv pcr DNA -VE) Could you please let me know whether HIV TEST at 9 months is conclusive or I am still at risk and requires further testing?. Please help me, I will donate 500$.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Your HIV-acquisition risk from the episode you describe would be extremely remote to nonexistent. Your repeatedly negative HIV-antibody tests, HIV PCR DNAs, HIV PCR RNAs and p24 antigen tests are absolutely definitive and conclusive (and excessive!). HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.

If your physicians are advising you that you are experiencing "excessive stress," you should consider seeking help for that very real medical problem. Counseling and/or anti-anxiety medications may well be extremely beneficial.

Thank you for your very generous tax-deductible donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated and your one gift will touch many lives in desperate need. In return I'm sending you my best good-luck/good-health karma for a New Year full of health, peace and contentment.

Be well! Stop worrying! Remember HIV is not your problem.

Dr. Bob

Previous
just to say thank you :)
Next
Please Help

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.