The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Need Help---- Donation Information Required

Jan 1, 2009

Dear Doctor,

I am from india, this year on 24th december i went on holidays to Thailand (Pattaya+Bangkok) and did booze to much and i have used 4 differnt prostitutes in 4 days with all protected sex, infact they did sucked my peni with the condom on, i came back on 28th evening and from 29th i am feeling sick, soar throat and notice swollen nodes. i am scared alot please let me know it is the symptoms of HIV, should i need to get my self tested, i kissed one of them and i am pretty sure my mounth was not wounded at all.

How to donate money for your foundation sir.

Thanks Sanket

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Sanket,

Your HIV-acquisition risk would be essentially nonexistent, assuming you used latex (or polyurethane) condoms properly and they did not fail (break). Your symptoms are not worrisome for acute retroviral syndrome (ARS), as they appeared too early. However, if you remain worried about HIV despite my reassurances, get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The results will undoubtedly be negative.

Donation information for the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at

Happy Holidays.

Dr. Bob

Urgent Testing Question, Please Answer
Continuation of Houston HIV care...

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint