Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

scared
Dec 31, 2008

Hi Doc.

Had a encounter with women 7 years ago.we had shower together and unprotected oral sex on me.After 2-3 days had a burning sensation in the penis and while urinating.i went to the doc after 2 weeks and he diagonesed it as a urethrites.He gave medicine for it .Did not took a hiv test.i had lower back pain during the 1st month (no fever).took a cbc test ,came normal.during this seven years had occasional canker sores,irritable bowel syndrome,headaches,joint pains in legs but never had any fever or major illness.just had a cbc differential test recently and it came back normal.need to take a hiv test within a month for immigraion.too scared .i dont have my family or closed ones here .not sure what will i do if it comes back +ve.Also want to donate money for your foundation.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Insertive oral sex carries only a very minimal risk for acquiring HIV. Urethritis, which can be caused by a number of different bacteria, is quite easy to contract via oral sex.

Your occasional canker sores, irritable bowel syndrome, headaches, joint pains, etc. are not suggestive of or worrisome for HIV disease. Your fears are unwarranted. I'm very confident your HIV test will be negative. If you want to check it out privately before your formal immigration test, you could get an anonymous test at home using the Home Access Express test. It's FDA approved and extremely accurate. Alternatively you could try to find a private physician who will agree to perform the test anonymously for you. We offer this service at the Frascino Medical Group and found it to be incredibly helpful for certain situations.

Thank you for your interest in making a donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. Donation information can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your HIV test will be negative.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
curious (SEXUAL TRANSMISSION OF HEPATITIS C)(HEPATITIS C AND DELAYED HIV SEROCONVERSION)(CURE FOR HIV)
Next
re: Potential frottage by impact

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.