IFA vs. Western Blot

Hi Robert -

I was looking into the Home Access HIV kit and I believe they perform an ELISA and then the IFA, not the Western Blot. I was wondering if you knew the differences and if it is just better to go to a doctor and get the standard ELISA with confirmatory WB. I fear using the home kit and getting an inaccurate result. Thank you.

IFA (immunofluorescence assays) are as accurate as WBs (Western Blots) when used to confirm a positive ELISA. Your fears are unwarranted. The Home Access HIV test kits are extremely accurate. However, if you would prefer an in-office ELISA and confirmatory WB, that option is certainly available as well.

What precautions should two positive male partners take?
Donation Made From Guy Stuck In Thailand Due To Riot - Please Reply