same clade possibility for re-infection??

Hello, I have to ask this question both myself and my partner are Hiv+ we have the same clade=B he has been positive for 8 years and i have been for 4, I recently lost our baby on august 1,2008 to severe IUGR, he wants to have another baby but I do not for fear of not making it along with the baby, He has meds for prevention of PCP, I am not on any treatment, I very concerned about reinfection, because he does not want to use condoms, I am on Depoprovera, I do not know what to do in this case, please help!!!!

The chance of reinfection is real and has been documented to occur. However, we don't know exactly how often it happens, as it's difficult to document. You shouldn't do anything you don't feel comfortable doing, including getting pregnant or having unsafe sex. This is one time I agree with Nancy Regan's old slogan: "Just say no!" Tell him: "No glove, no love! No exceptions!"

If you wanted to conceive again, there are ways to do it that are much less risky than having unprotected sex. The techniques involve sperm washing and artificial insemination. You can read about this in the archives.

Good luck. Be well. Don't allow your partner to jeopardize your health.

Dr Bob can get some advice and possible a Wooo-hooo?
HIV Smoothie?