Devastated by symptoms

Dear Doctor Bob,

I am a longtime fan and forum viewer. Since my last negative HIV test 4.5 years ago, I have developed some symptoms that have me very nervous to test. My risk is as follows: sex with 4 women using latex condoms without noticable breaks (but who the heck knows).

In the past four years, I developed: recurrent mild seborrheic dermatitis of the scalp and nasolabial folds; two episodes of jock itch; and one very itchy reaction to mosquito bites (i was out all day and but It was a very clustered and itchy reaction).

The more I see stuff online, the more I worry. I actually donated to your foundation several times and got a leaflet in the mail. I will re-donate.

What do you think of my chances to test negative bob? I am really worried here.

All the best (and congrats on the Republicans losing).

D

Hey D,

As for a latex condom breaking and "who the heck knows," you would! When condoms fail, they do so very dramatically. Mr. Happy's head generally comes poking out, just like your head pokes out of a turtleneck sweater!

As for your "symptoms," please note, despite what you may read online, symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. Your particular symptoms are not worrisome for HIV acute retroviral syndrome (ARS).

What do I think of your chances of testing negative? I'd say your odds are excellent. Stop worrying. Get tested. And then start WOO-HOOing, OK?

InActive HIV
light one cigarette with the other cigarette.