|did my husband cheat
Dec 27, 2008
history: when I was 17 i got a disease called veneral warts. At that time, i decided to be celibate and did not have sex again until i was 22 with my current husband. Shortly after having sex with him i got herpes. We stayed together. Now i am 34, we have been married for 12 years and recently he was diagnosed as HIV+. I was immediately tested and my result were negative. I will retest in 2 months. My husband tells me that he has never cheated on me in our marraige. I have no other reason not to believe him except for this disease. We are not drug users, neither have we had any blood transfusion. Is it possible that he is telling the truth?
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Is it possible that he is telling the truth? It's possible, but unlikely. There are only three ways to explain his positive test results:
1. A "false positive" test. He should get retested to rule out this possibility.
2. He's been HIV positive for more than 12 years (before you got together with him), but never realized it, because he hadn't been tested.
3. He's had an HIV exposure sometime during your 12-year relationship.
Good luck to both you and your husband.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Runny Nose Worried It Could Be Ars
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Touching A Bloody Scab?
- Sex With A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Coated Tongue After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.