did my husband cheat

history: when I was 17 i got a disease called veneral warts. At that time, i decided to be celibate and did not have sex again until i was 22 with my current husband. Shortly after having sex with him i got herpes. We stayed together. Now i am 34, we have been married for 12 years and recently he was diagnosed as HIV+. I was immediately tested and my result were negative. I will retest in 2 months. My husband tells me that he has never cheated on me in our marraige. I have no other reason not to believe him except for this disease. We are not drug users, neither have we had any blood transfusion. Is it possible that he is telling the truth?

Is it possible that he is telling the truth? It's possible, but unlikely. There are only three ways to explain his positive test results:

1. A "false positive" test. He should get retested to rule out this possibility.

2. He's been HIV positive for more than 12 years (before you got together with him), but never realized it, because he hadn't been tested.

3. He's had an HIV exposure sometime during your 12-year relationship.

Good luck to both you and your husband.

New Boyfriend who is Neg
Once again