Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Oral sex, uncut and bruise penis
Dec 26, 2008

Hi doc.

I am a sexually active gay man who yes, Ill admit it, loves receiving oral sex. Not only do I enjoy it, but I also enjoy ejaculating in a guys mouth. I dont do anything else risky. I only top and when I do, I use condoms 100% of the time. But I guess I am very visual because I enjoy seeing a guy perform oral sex on me and taking it in his mouth.

This past weekend I was receiving oral sex from a guy whose HIV status he claimed was negative, although I assume everyone is positive. The sucking went on for 20 minutes. At times I became aggressive and deep throated it. After I ejaculated, I noticed the head of my penis was bruise from so much sucking. I am uncut and have read that uncut men are at a greatest risk of infection than cut men. I am worry how, in the process of receiving oral sex, the bruise part of my penis came into contact with his throat. I am also worry about the fact that I like aggressive, deep throated, insertive oral sex and I am uncut.

To put my mind at easy I emailed the guy and again asked for his status and explained to him how my penis became bruise after the episode. He could really be negative or be positive and tell me that he is not. You never knowbut whatever his status is, I hope hes honest.

Thanks in advance for your response doc

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

A bruise that did not break the skin would not increase your risk of acquiring HIV. Your fears are unwarranted. However, as always, if you're worried, you should get an HIV test at the three-month mark to put any residual fears permanently to rest.

As for the aggressive oral action, do try to take it a bit easier, OK? If you managed to bruise your Mr. Happy, I can't imagine how sore the other guy's tonsils and throat must be!

Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Weird Houston...
Next
PEP and treatment

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.