hiv and flu shots

Hey Dr. I was reading your response about flu vaccinations and wheather or not it can result in a false positive. I read that you said this issue was resolved. Well i recently went in to have an hiv test(HIV 1/2 EIA) done. right before I had the test performed i had a flu vaccination done.I got the results to the EIA and it was reactive. with those results they had done of the course the western blot test for hiv 1, which came back negative. they then proceeded to have me wait another 3 days until they could perform and recieve the results to a hiv 2 Antibody EIA test. Those test results came back negative.during the waiting period of getting the results to the antibody hiv 2 test back, they had me go in and get retested doing the blood rapid testing that comes back in 30 minutes. that came back negative as well. Dr. I am trying to figure out why i had a false positive and can not attribute anything else to it. Also a year prior to this i got tested and it came back negative. since then i had sex one time and it was protected with a condom. what could be going on???

Please note a reactive ELISA and negative confirmatory Western Blot is considered a negative HIV-screening test. This was corroborated by your follow-up negative rapid test. There are many reasons for positive preliminary ELISA test results. You can read about them in the archives. I do not believe this was related to your flu vaccination. If it was, your rapid test results three days later would have been similarly affected. Relax. You're HIV negative, OK?

Really need your help - Oral Thrush: going mad!
Scared: ARS-like symptoms after mutual masterbation