Really need your help - Oral Thrush: going mad!

Hi, Doctor Bob.

I guess I should take some comfort in you not answering my questions, but I would really appreciate a response.

As I have told you previously, I have had oral thrush for two years (I know you say it's over-diagnosed, but this really is thrush!).

I don't have any predisposing factors and so am struggling. I worry because:

1. This came on after a sexual exposure 2. The thrush, if it isn't due to HIV, means that I may have a condition that would invalidate my negative elisa results (ie. CMC,no antibodies etc) and so I may still have HIV.

Please help. This thrush is like a constant reminder and I can't move on.

I look forward to your response (hopefully!).

Happy Christmas

I'm not sure how I can help you over the Internet other than to reiterate the facts:

1. Thrush is an over-diagnosed condition. See an ENT specialist (or infectious disease specialist) if you think you have persistent thrush. Most likely you do not.

2. Even if you do have thrush, the vast, vast majority of cases have absolutely nothing to do with HIV/AIDS! Once again, an infectious disease specialist should be able to determine any underlying cause of a recurrent thrush problem.

3. Even with thrush (which I doubt you have) your HIV-antibody test results would still be valid and accurate.

4. You are HIV negative. How you choose to live with this wonderful reality is totally up to you.

Am I at risk?
hiv and flu shots