Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

anal fluid in my eye
Dec 24, 2008

Hi there,

I have a question..I think the answer is don't worry but want to make sure.

I was having sex with a guy, hand a condom on and when I pulled out for a moment, I was sprayed with fluid his rectum. I assume the vast majority of this was lubricant?

At any rate, some got in my left eye but I wear contact lenses. I immediately removed the left contact lense and rinsed my eye out repeatedly with water.

Ordinarily, I wouldn't even worry but I am extremely, extremely well-endowed (think Chad Hunt). I only mention this as guys routinely bleed when I have anal sex with them, unfortunately.

I don't believe he was bleeding, so no evidence of that...but am a tad concerned.

Is HIV in anal fluid?

I would appreciate any feedback.

By the way, on a lighter note, while searching this forum, I found a guy who said he was too big for Magnum XL condoms...Trust me, there are a few of us out there....You were wise to send him to condomania.com, they used to make custom-made condoms but they don't anymore..Some guys like me might want to try the female condom. It is safe for gay sex and more comfortable for really thick men but the length isn't great...Hope that helps anyone else with the same problem...

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello "hanging Chad,"

Your HIV risk from the episode you describe would be extremely remote at best. If you remain worried, get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark to put any residual worries permanently to rest.

As for being extremely, extremely well endowed and too big for Magnum LX condoms, it's interesting you refer to this as a "problem." I think there are lots of guys who wish for problems like that! As for "Chad Hunt," well, by mentioning him by name and associating him with this "problem," I'll bet a fair number of readers of this forum will soon be Googling for an ogling of his problem!

Happy Holidays to you and your pet anaconda.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Have you accepted my apology?
Next
Am I at risk?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.