|should i test?
Dec 24, 2008
hi. i received unprotected oral and had protected V sex with a prostitute. reading your forum i fell OK but would you recommend HIV testing in this case? I had no STD's prior to this event. Thanks, Max
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Relax Max! Protected vaginal sex is indeed protected assuming the latex or polyurethane condom was used properly and did not fail (break). Oral insertive sex carries only a very slight risk for HIV acquisition. Generally speaking, we recommend routine STD screening, including HIV testing, very six months for sexually active folks. I see no cause for excessive worry, but recommend routine screening every 6 to 12 months.
Stay safe and you'll stay well.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hpv After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Rash After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Painful Urination After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Foreplay Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.