Dec 20, 2008
For school I'm doing research on HIV spread in developing countries and I would like to know if free condoms can reduce the amount of HIV infected people in developing countries.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Hello Bo Wong,
Absolutely! Prevention efforts that provide condoms and educational programs that teach proper condom use have been shown to dramatically decrease STDs, including HIV, in both developed and developing countries.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Happens If Shingles Are Not Treated With Medicine?
- What Effects Does Syphilis Have On Sterility And Infertility?
- What Are The Ways Chlamydia Is Spread?
- Is Using A Condom A Guaranteed Way To Prevent Genital Herpes?
- Topical Cream For Shingles And Nerve Pain
- Symptoms Of Genital Herpes In The Mouth
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.