A Success Story

Hey Doc! A big christmas WOOHOO all the way from Ireland!!! Just dropping you an email to let you and everyone else out there in irrational panic land that after many agonizing months of worry and despair, I have found out that I am a big negative no no on the HIV front. Taken me nearly 5 months to hop off the going crazy wagon and put myself back in control of everything. But i did it and i'm me again, I have realised i have lost so much of the wonderful time we have here on earth!! For everyone reading this; Please STOP those crazy thoughts of irrationality. Step back and listen to your "I know symptoms can't tell, BUT", "I know it was protected, BUT"and realise you do "know" and "But" nothing... Hey. . . The ONLY way of telling whether or not you have been infected with HIV is by getting a HIV test. Try not to worry. Think rational realistic thoughts! Wait the time, take up a hobby, see more of your friends, go on more walks, eat well and before long that day will come, suck it up take the test and believe in it!

If the torment gets really bad, see a counsellor, I did and it was the best thing i could have done. Your not alone in this worry. Heck, look at what Dr F trawls through everyday. GET TESTED & WEAR CONDOMS, chances are you have nothing to be worrying about nothing - WooHoo will be great, believe me!

Dr F. Thanks so much for you wonderful work here, I have donated to your foundation. Oh, also I've been accepted to study a masters in health&medical geography with my research being in the field of HIV. :) A positive thing to come out of my 'negative' situation!

Again, Thank you for your work. Merry Christmas!!!

Irish woo-hoo-er

Hi Irish WOO-HOOer,

Excellent news! And just in time for the holidays too!

Thanks for taking the time to write in and share your story, good news and newfound insights! Hopefully, others still trapped in their own self-induced worried-well hell will read your testimonial, grow a pair and get tested! I'll happily add your story to our exponentially expanding X-files (ex-worried wells).

Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

Be well. Happy Holidays.

One more try then! Worried Dutchboy
RE: all i see are no risk people asking questions, what about me in ireland??