Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

You're Hilarious -- You Brighten My Day, Sugar!
Dec 19, 2008

Hey Doctor, Bob:

I just gotta tell you how much I adore you and how much I appreciate your good work. Not only do you provide extremely helpful information to those of us who need it, you are also incredibly patient AND hilarious with some of your answers. I love that! Sometimes I sit here reading your answers with literal tears streaming down my cheeks. I think my favorite was a recent response you gave pertatining to "butt-cracks", which are supposed to be cracked -- LMAO!!! I laugh so hard that I actually start to cry -- it hurts soooo good to laugh like that sometimes.

Anyway, while I was diagnosed with inactive Hep B a few years ago, I sure enjoy reading your forum posts on HIV/AIDS more than any other forum. I find your answers are beneficial to me in my study of the Hep B Virus (which I do study up on).

Anyway, mate, you are a true blessing. You know, strangely, there is little I would change in my life, including having contracted this virus. I've learned so much about myself because of it. I've learned too that for me, life is precious, whether I'm virally enhanced or not. It's all been a true gift and I thank you for being here, posting here, for your kindess, your humor and your grace through what I'm sure have been some difficult times for you as well.

Also, I'm sure helping others face there own fears has been tremendously helpful to you when you were faced with your own. Learning that we have a virus that could potentially kill is indeed sobering, no matter the name of the virus. It also seems to me that part of your healing process has been in helping people come to terms with a virus so sorely mistunderstood. All this is to say, thank you. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would say this, but your work means the world to me. Thank you for being one willing to do it.

--KAT (I know, I never shut up, lol, but in general I think viruses are misunderstood. They are just trying to make it too. Everything, it seems, is simply trying to survive).

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi KAT,

Thanks for your thanks and for appreciating my somewhat twisted sense of humor. (I'm sure it's an acquired taste.) As the celebrated playwright Paul Rudnick wrote: "Only money, rage, and science can conquer AIDS. But only laughter can make the nightmare bearable." I try to use all four money, rage, science and laughter to combat the pandemic!

Happy Holidays.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Came Clean - Please Help (expect donation)
Next
ICMA TEST

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.