magnetic couple support

A few weeks ago, a good friend revealed to me that he is HIV positive. We both have a mutual interest in each other, and we have begun a tentative relationship. Of course, it has taken some processing, and I have had some very dark days dealing with the fact that this great man has such a burden to carry and also worrying for his health and my own health if we were to date. Nonetheless, I think he is very much worth the risks that are part of this kind of relationship, and I'm really excited to see what happens. That said, I am trying to learn as much as possible about HIV and about being in a magnetic relationship. I feel like the more I know, the more prepared I am to be a supportive girlfriend and the better chance we have of making a great relationship. I have looked at the board on here for magnetic couples, but it is no longer active. My questions are: (1) Can you point me to any current message boards, online support, or blogs for the negative parter? I started my own blog about my experience to try and connect with others, but it hasn't worked yet.

(2) I know that you are in this kind of relationship, and I am desperate for any advice you have on making this kind of thing work. I know it can, I just need to know that I'm not alone and learn how others have made their relationships strong and healthy, regardless of status.

Thank you for the work that you do. Your answers to people have given me hope and educated me so much in these initial dark days.

Sincerely, A Girl Who Likes a Boy

Hello Girl Who Likes a Boy,

I'd suggest you and your Mr. Right read the archives of this forum. We have entire chapters devoted to magnetic couples, safer sexual techniques, HIV sexual prevention and other related topics. As for support services, check with your boyfriend's HIV specialist. He should have information about local support groups and services. Beware; the online groups that are not moderated can be a source of considerable misinformation!

Good luck and happy holidays to you both.

neg again.
Came Clean - Please Help (expect donation)