Thank You

Hi Dr. Frascino,

I just donated a $100 (reference # xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) for the excellent work you do and for maintaining such a great web site. To be brief, 8 weeks ago I had my first MM (oral only) experience and did not use a condom. For the last few weeks I've been quite sick (probably the flu) and going to my doctor whom is a gay male specializing in HIV. Since I had not responded to some top of the line antibiotic, he suggested getting a rapid screen HIV test, which I did this morning with my wife of 21 yrs (negative thank god). The only thing that kept me sane the last few days (test was scheduled last Friday) was your website. Im not a hypochondriac (Im rarely sick), but when your doctor tells you that you have all the symptoms of ARS, it scares the bleep out of you.

You have such a great sense of humor, yet use quantitative, analytical data to support you conclusions. A great combination of traits that most people are not able to pull off. Specifically, the post where you sited the estimated per-act risk for acquiring HIV from unprotected insertive or receptive oral sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive is 0.5 and 1 per 10,000 exposures respectively. was what kept me from going over the deep end. Thank you so much. Ive learned my lesson and will keep my bat and ball at home where they belong.

I wish you and your partner the very best. Please keep up the great work you do, as your website is by far the best resource available on the web.

Thanks for the thanks. I'm delighted you found the information here enlightening and reassuring.

It's unfortunate that doctors continue to scare the "bleep" out of patients unnecessarily when discussing HIV and/or HIV testing. It's never helpful and most of the time completely unwarranted.

Thank you for your generous tax-deductible donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated and will help those in desperate need turn hopelessness into hope.

Happy Healthy Holidays!

Pre-Cum/HIV/ and PEP
all i see are no risk people asking questions, what about me in ireland??