The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Will Donate for answer

Dec 18, 2008

Hi Doc,

I tried a few times already and no you get a lot of questions but I just want your opinion which will help since you are an expert on this subject. Well I am a single male in his mid 20's and in the past few years I have had a few expsoures of unprotected intercourse with females. I finally decided to get tested with a rapid antibody test (UNI-Gold) 7 1/2 months after my last possible exposure being unprotected. Luckily my test was Non Reactive. My question is, am I in the clear? Is there any chance that I can have it? Can I get a Wooohooo? or do I need to get retested? will all of my exposures in the past be sure that I would have antibodies at the time i got tested? Please let me know Doctor. I really appreciate your time and am planning on donating.

Response from Dr. Frascino


A negative HIV-antibody test 7.5 months after your last possible exposure is conclusive and definitive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No further HIV testing is warranted. All you need to do now is:

1. Yell WOO-HOO.

2. Never place yourself at risk again! Use latex condoms for penetrative sex.

3. Have a happy, healthy holiday!

Thanks for your willingness to make a tax-deductible donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation ( It's warmly appreciated in this holiday season.

Be well.

Dr. Bob

Husband and Wife and Shingles
Donation Made- Prevention Question... (SWEAT, 2008)

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint