|Is it safe for me to wash dishes?
Dec 17, 2008
I am HIV positive and living with my family. I washed our dishes this evening. I had a scratch on my hand. It wasn't bleeding but it was kind of scabbed over. Not a big scab or anything, just a scratch. I couldn't infect my family that way could I? Through washing dishes with having the dried blood on my hand? I hope I'm just being paranoid.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Yes, you are being paranoid. I'm somewhat surprised that you, as an HIV-positive person, aren't more aware of how HIV is and is not transmitted. I suggest you spend some time reviewing the wealth of information on this site. Begin with the chapter "HIV/AIDS Basics" and then proceed on to the archives of this forum where we have whole chapters on HIV nonsexual transmission and HIV nonsexual prevention.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Washing And Using Disinfectants To Prevent Infection
- Blood In Semen After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Touching Urine Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.