another from the badda bing - follow up

Hi Doc, thanks for answering my previous question,it did put my fears at ease, somewhat, much appreciated. I just have a quick follow up question, from reading numerous other post you state that oral sex(insertive fellatio) only transmits hiv under extenuating circumstances. My question is wouldn't my risk be an extenuating circumstance seeing as though the skin was not intact during the blowjob and the unknown hiv status of the bouncing betty, and the uncertainty of any visible blood in her mouth (although I did not see any)? If this isn't an extenuating cirucmstance, could you Please explain what would be an extenuating circumstance. I thank you in advance and after this follow up question I won't take up anymore of you valuable time.

Happy holidays!!

my previous post;

Another from the badda bing! Dec 7, 2008

The work your doing is truly great, keep up the good work. I had an unprotected blowjob from a bouncing betty (unknown status)which from reading many other posts seems to pose low risk for hiv. My situation is a bit different, from previous masterbation the night before I had a cut on the top of my penis which had not healed by the time I recieved this blowjob. I didn't notice any visible blood in her mouth but couldn't be certain there wasn't any, what is the risk of acquiring hiv in this situation. I called a local std hotline and was advised this risk was benign (low risk)but I'm having trouble believing that because the skin was not fully in tact??? what do you think?? please answer a donation will be made..

I agree with the advice you were given by the hotline. Unless your Bouncing Betty was really Draculina with a mouth full of HIV-tainted blood, I'd rate your HIV-acquisition risk as remote at best. (Yes, even with the masturbation-induced cut.) If you remain worried, get a single HIV test at the three-month mark. The results will undoubtedly be negative. Finally, when "burping the nephew," take it easy! After all, you only have one Mr. Happy and he has to last you an entire lifetime!

Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

Be well.

Your situation would not qualify as an "extenuating circumstance!" (You can read about these in the archives.) My assessment and advice remain unchanged. As I mentioned before, if you remain worried, despite my reassurance, get tested at the three-month mark. I'm confident you'll WOO-HOO at the result, OK?

Happy Holidays to you too.

$300 Donation For One Last Question. Please Dr Bob
Thank You