Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Donated and odd 101 ...thank you for good service
Dec 15, 2008

Hello Doc,

I have written before...but did not get a response. However, I did get information on questions similar to mine. I finally had the guts to get tested. I tested negative using Oraquick Advance HIV 1/2. I had exposure in India, and had been having swollen lymph nodes, and GI issues. Doc traced it to some colon infection.. Anyways, I donated $ 101 (Odd amount is considered auspicious in hindu culture). You are a wonderful person, and are doing a wonderful service....

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Thank you for being so understanding about not getting a personal response to your initial question! I try to answer as many questions as possible, but unfortunately I can only personally respond to a small percentage of the thousands and thousands of questions that cram their way into my overstuffed "inbox" on a continuous basis from throughout the cyber-universe. That is the primary reason I so frequently remind readers of the forum to search the archives if they have a question or need reassurance about a specific issue. I've been answering questions here for a number of years and consequently have built up an impressive archival arsenal of information on all things sexual! In fact, at least 98% of the new questions in my inbox on any given day are identical (or very similar) to questions I've already responded to! Sometimes finding these responses in the archives can be a bit challenging, because the archives have become so extensive. However, the search function works reasonably well for key words and phrases, like "oral sex with a cross-dressing dwarf," etc.

I'm delighted you found the information you needed in the archives! BRAVO! And that you finally got tested. Congratulations and WOO-HOO for your negative results!

Thank you for your generous donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated and urgently needed during this holiday season. We will be using your gift for our HIV prevention and care program in Liberia where, in association with other HIV AIDS service organizations, we are helping to develop a comprehensive program to prevent mother-to-child HIV transmission (PMTCT). We help provide antiretroviral drugs to HIV-positive pregnant women and their newborn infants to reduce HIV transmission. In addition, we are providing formula for the newborns who are not receiving enough nutrition to survive or for the drugs to take effect. Yours is a gift of life to many Liberian infants. For that you have my heartfelt appreciation.

Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
more powerful dr bob
Next
Contracted MRSA and Herpes from being rimmed

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.