A simple question

Hi Dr. Bob,

Most questions on the forum have a twist and I tried searching but could not a straight simple question about safe sex. Want to know whether the procedure I followed can be considered safe-sex, so that I can advise my friends: To start with I am circumcised, was with an escort in a high class brothel in melbourne, I did use a latex condom with water base lube and made sure every couple of minutes that the condom is intact, and also did not engage in any kissing or unprotected oral activity. And checked the condom after finishing and it did look fine.

My question is, wherever I've read about condoms they never say that it's gonna protect you for sure even if used correctly. They say its about 85% effective, does that mean am still at risk after all these precautions? Also if a latex condom is used correctly and every rule in the book is followed, does it matter if you have a tiny unnoticable abrasion underneath the head of the penis?

I admit getting a straight answer from a gay doc can be challenging, but I'll try. HIV cannot permeate intact latex. No way. No how. Consequently, if a latex condom is used properly and does not fail (break), your HIV-acquisition risk would be essentially nonexistent.

I've discussed the "85% effective" statistic many times in this forum. You can review those comments in the archives.

Straight as a lawn dart or gay that the Christmas windows at Macy's play safe and you'll stay safe. OK?

One more time for luck
WHATS BETTER MEDS OR GENE THERAPIES ???