Is an anal lesion hpv?

I became positive 2 and a half years ago. Shortly before that I had an episode of anal warts (hpv) which was successfully treated. Recently i had an episode of anal bleeding so requested a high resolution anoscopy which i had this week.

So far I haven't had the results or spoken with the surgeon, however the nurse told me that during the procedure some warts had been removed and that the surgeon had biopsied an anal lesion. Could the use of the term anal lesion just refer to a wart (hpv) or is it likely to be something more sinister? I am aware of the higher risk of developing anal cancer when anal warts have been present in the past, but what is the time scale for cells to turn abnormal for someone with hiv?

I have been on meds for the last 4 months, during which time my hiv viral loa has become undetectable and my CD4 has gone from 230 to 440.

I hope you can answer all or at least part of my question.

Many thanks, Adam.

Hello Adam,

Why are you asking me rather than contacting the surgeon who excised the warts and biopsied the "lesion?" I would only be guessing what the nurse meant by her comments. The surgeon will be able to give you a definitive report regarding anal cancer, or anything else he noted during the procedure. Give him a call. OK? (Most likely the suspicious anal lesion was just an area that looked abnormal and might be the start of another wart.)

Test
HIV-HEP-C, ECT...