Dr. Bob please HELP!

Dr. Bob, I admire all that you do for this forum. I am in desperate need of help. I look forward to making a great donation. I had protected oral then vaginal sex with a CSW. The next day I had sex with my wife. 2 weeks later she had extreme diarrhea that kept her in bed or on the toilet for 3 days. Is it even possibe that I could have got HIV, then given it to her the next day for her symptoms 2 weeks later to even be related? I want to bring an child into this World and I am freaking out over this. If I caught Hiv, could her dirrhea and low grade fever have even been related in this time frame? I beg you for an answer and cannot explain how long I have been on the internet seeking an answer. I have been told that I did not have a risk, but the symptoms in this scenario are driving me mad and insane.

Regards!

The chances you transmitted HIV to your wife one day after a protected blowjob and episode of protected vaginal sex with the Naughty Lady on Shady Lane are essentially nonexistent. Assuming the latex condoms were properly used and did not fail (break), HIV testing would not be warranted. HIV can not permeate intact latex. No way. No how! However, if you remain concerned, despite my reassurance, get a three-month HIV-antibody test. The results will undoubtedly be negative, but if this puts your residual (and unwarranted) fears permanently to rest, it will be worth the effort psychologically.I would also recommend you level with your wife, as it is not only the best way to confront your guilt, but it's also the right thing to do.

Thank you for your desire to make a tax-deductible donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated during this season of giving. In return, I'm sending you my good-luck karma that you remain HIV negative and have a healthy, happy New Year as you consider parenthood!

Good luck! Be well.

Does a standard Elisa detect Hiv 2?
what is my risk. i will donate.