$200 Donation When I Come Back

Hi Dr Bob, please help a guy who is now stuck in Thailand due to the riot and unable to go back to his country. Ok I am very worried that I could have gotten something. 1st Case: On the 20th Nov 08, my friend and I got a club girl to my room and both had unprotected oral sex together with no vaginal sex at all. I mean the club girl gave us both oral sex at the same time. 2nd Case: on the 25th Nov 08, 5 days later, I met another girl in Disco and we had sex 10 times for the past 5 days with condom every single time but no condom when she suck me. I didnt went down on her at all for all 10 times. On the 30th Nov 08, I had white discharge from my penis and went to see the local doctor and he confirmed it's gonorrhea after a lab test and will be fine after some treatment for 5 days. Doctor gave me injection (Ceftriaxone) as well as tablets to take and tell me not to worry. The girl I met at the disco told me she had gonorrhoea before and she went to pharmacy to get the medicine for treatment which I doubt she got it treated well because she did not get any sorta injection like Ceftriaxone. I suspect she pass me to me when she was sucking my unprotected cock everytime we had sex. The problem is I used a condom 100% throughout the 10 times we've sex. 1) How did I gotten gonorrhoea? 2) Is it by having UNPROTECTED ORAL SEX OR PROTECTED VAGINAL SEX with her? 3) Should I be worried about HIV? If through protected vaginal sex means the condom have holes, that means can get HIV. I checked the condom throughout the 10 times after having sex and there is no break or leakage. All my cum were inside....... I'll get myself tested in 3 months time if I ever make it back home in one piece. On the 3rd Dec 2008, I took her for a HIV screening and she is negative. The past 3 months before she met me, she had sex with other guys but not many because not much tourist in Thailand and business is bad and she confirmed with me that all the time she used condoms and there were no accidents, breakage or whatsoever with other guys. She even showed me the condoms in her handbag. She is a street walker by the way. On the 6th Dec 2008, after taking the medication prescribed by the doctor, went back and did a urine test, doctor says I am ok and no more gonorrhoea, Clamydia.... Please reply me Dr Bob and tell me not to worry..... First I am stuck here and unable to go home and secondly I am very worried about this now. Its like hell here for me and no longer an enjoyable holiday......

Regarding the first case, unprotected insertive oral sex carries a very minimal risk for HIV acquisition. Other types of STDs, such as syphilis, herpes, gonorrhea, chlamydia, etc., can be readily transmitted via an unprotected blowjob.

Regarding the second case, "protected" sex is indeed protected if the latex condoms were used properly and did not break. HIV and other STDs cannot permeate intact latex. No way. No how. Unprotected oral sex carries the same minimal risks discussed above.

Responding to your specific questions:

1. Unprotected oral sex.

2. Unprotected oral sex.

3. Your HIV-acquisition risk is extremely low, especially since you've had the case #2 gal tested and she is negative.

I should also mention condoms do not have "holes!" Why would anyone wear them if they did? Latex is not made of the same material as fishnet stockings!

Should you worry? No.

Should you get HIV tested at three months to put your residual fears permanently to rest? Yes. Should you practice safer sex techniques to prevent future episodes of post-sex worrying? Absolutely!

Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Happy Holidays. Hope you get home soon!

6 weeks
Does a standard Elisa detect Hiv 2?