|GI symptoms after acute hiv infection?
Dec 12, 2008
It has been 3 weeks after a possible exposure with a female pro. Here's what was involved: deep kissing with me having esophageal erosion, her saliva on my penis, and protected intercourse. Since then I've had a sore throat, muscle aches, abdominal pain, and diarrhhea that has lasted 8 days now. Could I have gotten hiv? Thanks doc, I"ll be sure to contribute this year.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
1. The HIV-acquisition risk for "protected intercourse" is essentially nonexistent, assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not break.
2. Saliva is not considered to be an HIV-transmission risk, unless it contains visible blood.
3. Deep kissing is not considered to be a significant HIV-transmission risk, even with an "esophageal erosion." (Just how long was that tongue of hers? Were you kissing a "female pro" or a frog?)
Thanks for your willingness to make a donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).
Happy Holidays. Be well. Stay well.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Diarrhea A Symptom Of Acute Hiv Infection?
- Is Purple Spots A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Sore On Penis An Acute Symptom Of AIDS?
- Is White Tongue A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Testicular Pain Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Will Having My Genital Warts Removed Decrease My Chances Of Spreading It?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.