hiv risk from lancet?

Dear Dr.

I have heard about you on another forum, and people say you are an expert on the HIV topic and our answers are never wrong.

I am male, 30 living in the U.K for 3 years. I had a one off encounter with a CSW in London, had a condom malfunction, and then had an HIV panick.

tested (using the HIV duo test at 28 days, 6 weeks, 8 weeks, 10 weeks, 12 weeks) all negative.

also have been tested for other std's at 8 and 12 weeks, all negative.

on the 9th week, i went for a rapid test at a different clinic in london. just to be sure that their test also shows negative.

it was a abbott determine hiv 1/2 antibody test.

I was not paying attention to the precise sequence of events being done by the dr. as i was too busy praying.

it went like this...

1) doc shows me sealed test pack, i examine it (thats how i know it was determine).

2) doc opens the test pack, and pricks me with a needle on my index finger. a quick prick - at this point i was not noticing where the needle came from.

3) a drop of blood came out, dr. used a glass capillary tube to suck it in,

4) dr. said not enough blood, so began to press the finger real real hard, finally a few more drops were collected.

5) fifteen minutes later i was told it was negative.

The thing which has me worried sick is was the needle that was used to prick me sterile? is there a possibiliy that a clinic in London could reuse a pricking device?

In panick i got another DUO test done 30 days after this testing episode, which was negtive (this would make it week 14 since the original episode)

can i move on? was i at any risk of getting hiv during this rapid test procedure, and even if so, is the duo test at 30 days post the episode conclusive?

please help me, as i do not want to relive the entire three month nightmare again.

I'll be brief, as this is a QTND (question that never dies) that has an ATNC (answer that never changes).

1. Is there a possibility that a clinic in London (or anywhere) would reuse a pricking device for HIV testing? No, absolutely not.

2. Can you move on? Dude, you should have been in motion long ago. Stop testing. Stop worrying. Start WOO-HOOing.

Noise in ears
TEST REPORT