Please HELP

My brother was admitted into the hospital for strep pneumonia in his left lung. He has spent 6 days in the hospital. I noticed the nurse giving him sustiva. Does this mean he is HIV positive? Do they just give sustiva as a preventive measure? Please, Please Please help!

Sustiva is a medication used to treat or, in some cases, prevent HIV. I think you should have a chat with your brother. Remember to be supportive and nonjudgmental. There is an excellent chance he would welcome such support. If indeed he is HIV positive, suggest he check out this Web site. It has a wealth of information that may well be very useful to him.

Good luck to you both.

PETIT QUESTION (please!!)
hep b and HIV