Dec 11, 2008
My brother was admitted into the hospital for strep pneumonia in his left lung. He has spent 6 days in the hospital. I noticed the nurse giving him sustiva. Does this mean he is HIV positive? Do they just give sustiva as a preventive measure? Please, Please Please help!
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Sustiva is a medication used to treat or, in some cases, prevent HIV. I think you should have a chat with your brother. Remember to be supportive and nonjudgmental. There is an excellent chance he would welcome such support. If indeed he is HIV positive, suggest he check out this Web site. It has a wealth of information that may well be very useful to him.
Good luck to you both.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- List And Describe Six Different Effects Aids Can Have On An Individual?
- What Effect Does Poverty And Income Play In Who Gets Treated For Hiv, And Why?
- Causes And Effects Of Aids On American History
- How Does Medicinal Marijuana Help Aids Patients?
- How Can Cam Be Used In The Management Of Chronic Hiv Disease?
- Where Can I Get An Hiv Test In Sioux City?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.