Protected sex but feeling unstable

Hi, Dr.

I am having a really crazy anxiety even if I used a condom.

I was in China for a 2 weeks business trip and had protected sex with a chinese sex worker. I was a little drunken at the time but remember I had condom on when I had vaginal sex. I was not able to ejaculate with condom on so I don't know if the condom was broken or not. I washed up my penis and then took another new condom and had vaginal sex. I wasn't able to ejacualte again. So she was performing oral on me after taking off the condom while I was only doing fingering on vagina. I didn't find any wounds or cut in my skin. I wasn't able to ejaculate again. After 3 days, I was having a minor ache around my penis but the next day the ache was gone but had muscle ache in my body, especially leg areas.(still having it these days, lasts more than 2 weeks) I was so freaked out when I found out the muscle ache is the one of the symptoms of ARS. A week after the event, I don't know if food or water in china was bad, I was having diaharrea on that day. About 2 weeks after, I don't know if I had this rash-like little spots on my skin, but still not going away these days. And recently I am having minor night sweats, but no fever. I am having too much stress right now and do you think these are serious symptoms?

I will absolutely donate to your center. Thanks, Doc.

You freaked out when you found out "muscle ache is one of the symptoms of ARS?" Hmm . . . headache is one of the symptoms of terminal brain cancer. Do you freak out every time you get a headache? Cough is a symptom of lung cancer. Do you freak out every time you cough? You report: "I am having too much stress right now . . . I'm having a really crazy anxiety even if I used a condom." I absolutely agree! Your problems are stress, anxiety and irrational fears of being HIV infected. Condom-protected sex is indeed protected, assuming the latex (or polyurethane) condoms are used properly and do not fail (break).

If you remain worried (and clearly you are), get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The result will undoubtedly be negative. However, if by taking the test you can put all your residual fears permanently to rest, the psychological benefit will be worth the effort.

Good luck. Happy Holidays.

Confused by yesterdays response!
Viral load after vaccinations