Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Strip Club Problems
Dec 1, 2008

Dear Dr. Bob, On May 8th, 2008 I ventured to a strip club with some co-workers. I ended up getting pretty drunk that night as it seems what happens with everyone elses story. I ended up paying for a lap dance. While getting my lap dance the stripper unzipped my pants and started giving me unprotected oral. She then immediately sat on my penis inserting it into her vagina. Insertion was about half way for approximently 1 min. I have read your archives and many other posts and had a couple of question. I know you explain "it takes two to tango" and I have read the post on statistically acquiring the disease of HIV. I have not been able to determine if my senerio places me at higher risk...Four weeks after the incident I got tested for every STD. The results came back positive for HSV2. From what I read on your site is people with herpes have a much higher rate of transmitting the virus. What I don't understand is.. Does that higher risk stay the same for someone that does not have HSV2 at the time of exposure? Now that I came up positive for the HSV2 virus I have it in my mind that I will prob come up positive for HIV. At the time from what I saw no visible open sores were present. I have only had one small outbreak after my encounter. I know I must get a HIV test to confirm the virus, but I wanted your opinion on the risk. Is that considered high risk since she obviously had HSV2? Thanks in advance for answering my question, and I will gladley donate to your cause. Keep up the good work!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

That you tested positive for HSV-2 following your Badda Bing experience doesn't necessarily mean you contracted it from the Bouncing Betty on your lap. HSV-2 is a common disease that you could have picked up long ago. Have you ever been tested for it previously?

Regarding the increased risk of HIV transmission/acquisition related to concurrent STDs, this applies primarily to active STDs that produce blisters, ulcers or inflammation.

I agree with your plan to get HIV tested at the three-month mark, as you had a brief episode of unprotected insertive penile-vaginal sex.

Thank you for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return, I'm sending my good-luck karma that your definitive HIV test is negative. The statistical odds are very much in your favor!

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
First gay experience
Next
Seeking your advice - pledging to promptly donate significant amount to forum

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.