cigarette burn

Dr. Bob, Please answer!

Six days after an incident, I have a sore throat and feel the onset of a fever. The incident involves a cigarette burn, then fresh, and hanging out (at a bar) with 2 HIV+ friends. A kiss and groping through cloths with one, and plenty of non-sexual contact with both...

To quote from The Body - http://www.thebody.com/content/art32970.html#5 "Sweat, tears, vomit, feces, and urine do contain HIV, but have not been reported to transmit the disease (apart from two cases involving transmission from fecal matter via cut skin). Mosquitoes, fleas, and other insects do not transmit HIV."

Is it reasonable to conclude that, the burn makes it possible for the virus to enter the bloodstream? I am aware it would be completely unreasonable to worry, if not for the non-intact from the burn. Please help!

Thanks very much! your endless tolerance for potentially stupid questions like mine, is inspiring! and comforting

Sweat, tears, vomit, feces and urine are not considered significant risks for HIV transmission, unless there is visible blood present. Your HIV risk is essentially nonexistent. However, if it was your cigarette that burned you, you do have a very significant health risk: smoking! I strongly urge you to quit, as smoking will kill you in a very painful and undignified fashion.

needle prick injury
Safe Sex