needle prick injury

hello doctor.. i'm 21 male nurse. i may be paranoid and scared. about 3 days ago while i'm on my duty at the ward i accidentally pricked myself with a syringe that has been used. i'm not sure where that syringe came from i was just trying to dipose it. we only give medications through iv by means of y-port tubing that day and there are no IM meds given that day. it's just a simpe prick, the blood does not ooze, but when i apply pressure there were some blood came out. as far as i'm concerened there are no hiv patients in the ward allthough i'm not sure if there are some cases who have hepa or some bloodborne diseases.. i have a complete vaccination for hepa when i was a child but i'm not sure if my antibodies are still well or enough. i just want to ask what are the chances will i acquire the disease if there is?.. and what are the chances or risk for that simple prick.

As with all occupational exposure, you should report and document this incident according to the policies and procedures established at your hospital or clinic. The odds you did not contract a bloodborne pathogen are astronomically in your favor; however, routine screening is warranted. You should also check your immunity status for hepatitis A and B and get revaccinated if necessary.

Donation Made- Please Answer...
cigarette burn