Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

fears 2008 ...again ;-((((
Nov 29, 2008

Hi Dr.Bob. First of all i want to thank u. U are doing really great job. Unfortunatelly i'm really woried well. I have fears about HIV for seversl years. I understand that it's a great mential problem. During this years i visited several psychiatrist and some other doctors ( i'm not from USA). My lord! U couldn't imagine WHAT kind of MYTHS they told me (DOCTORS!). They told me that HIV test after 3 months is useless and i have to test after 1 year. They told me that i can get HIV through kisses...Anyway...This year (finally!!!) i thought i passed through my fears. But... A month ago i had unprotected oral sex with my ex-boyfriend (with ejaculation, but i didn't swallow). I know that he is very very attentive to his health, he uses condoms every time he has vaginal sex, but he doesn't use condoms during oral sex ( also i know that PRACTICALY- not in theory- even unprotected felacia is absolutely safe 4 him because he contacts only with saliva). Besides he has circumcision. Also he is a blood-donor and at least 2 times a year he get HIV-test. After our intcedent (oral sex) i noticed that he told me about his cough. Actually he has a kind of allergical cough during 2 month ( he visited doctor)....and ....stupid me....i asked him to get tested for HIV and lots of other deseases. He told me that he's compleately sure that everything is ok. Anyway he did this test only for me.They were negative. About 3-4 weeks later i noticed some rash on my chest ( maybe becayse of wearing wool). Now it's almost ok....i think so....Also after 3 weeks i had some cold with cough. But my stupid fear drives me crazy(((( (window period??(((( Dr.Bod i really don't know what to do. I'm so tired about my fears. I can't find any NORMAL doctor to help me.Do u think that i should make HIV test right now ( after 5 weeks, with 4 generation test with antigen p24)? Anyway i will repeat it after 3 months. But i know that my problem seems to be not a kind of testing problem...Sorry for all these stupid words. Please help me, i don't know what to do...

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

I absolutely agree your problem is psychological, not virologic. Testing is not the answer. Despite the unfortunate and shockingly bad experience you had with psychiatrists in the past, I would urge you to continue to search for a more reasonable one in your area. Try calling your local AIDS service organizations and ask whom they recommend.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Testicular Shrinkage from HAART
Next
NY Strip Club Encounter With a Twist

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.