Impaired / Non production of Antibodies.

Hi Dr Bob,

Firstly may i wish both yourself and Dr. Steve a long and happy marriage together , both of you help an astounding number of people here on thebody.com , it's greatly appreciated.

I hope you could answer this question for me : I have read that in very rare cases (usually due to immune disorders or diseases),a person infected with HIV may not show up positive on a HIV antibody test conducted outside the window period. If someone had an immune disorder like that , would they be aware of it (that is without specifically testing for the disorder)? (I'm a 35 year old generally healthy male who tested antibody negative outside 3 months)

Thanks in advance Jim

Hi Jim,

The short answer is: yep!

The longer answer is: absolutely!

Happy Thanksgiving.

is there treatment for someone who just had unprotected sex with hiv person?
hiv and std related