|is there treatment for someone who just had unprotected sex with hiv person?
Nov 27, 2008
is there any preventive treatment for someone who just had sex with a positive person?
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Yes, it's called PEP (post-exposure prophylaxis). It's most effective if started as soon as possible after exposure and it is not recommended if more than 72 hours have elapsed since exposure. You can read much more about PEP in the archives. Have a look!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Risk Of Unprotected Sex Between Hiv Positive Persons
- Migraine Medications For People With Hepatitis C
- What Happens When The New Hiv Cell Leaves The Infected Host Cell?
- Is Coughing Up Blood A Sign Of Hiv Aids?
- Hepatitis C Genotype 1a With Cirrhosis
- How Does Gabapentin Work On Helping Sensory Neuropathy?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.