Testing

Hello Dr BOb

Thanks ofr the wonderful work you are doing here.

My doubt is, about 4 months ago, I had unprotected insertive anal sex with a sex worker. Ever since then I developed a variety of symptons that are related to HIV.

The problem is that throughout these 4 months, I have taken over 15 tests, including 3rd and 4rth generation tests and they all came back negative.

My doctor, to try and calm me down, requested a viral load test, which evidently came back undectable.

My question is, even if I did not seroconvert yet, shouldn't the viral load be high? Is there any other better test I can take?

Please help me, I'm going out of my mund here. I'm constanly arguing with doctors that I'm developing lipoatrophy, which they find highly unlikely, since I do not use medication.

Thanks again, and please inform how I can make a donation from Brazil.

You've had 15 negative 3rd- and 4th-generation HIV tests plus an undetectable HIV plasma viral load test out four months from your potential exposure. Exactly what part of "HIV negative" don't you understand?

HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional HIV-related tests are warranted. You have overwhelming, absolute and irrefutable evidence that you are HIV negative. How you choose to live with that reality is up to you. If you continue to perseverate on HIV, I'd suggest you get psychological counseling to help you accept the truly wonderful news of your HIV-negative status.

Donation information for the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org.

Be well. Stop worrying and start WOO-HOOing (which in Portuguese is "Oba," I think).

I am requestig you this for the third time,Please please help
Thank You