If I can find it in the archives, I guess I shouldn't worry?

Hey Dr. Bob, you are a special man and a constant inspiration to not only people who are living with HIV but to the general population constantly doubting and fearing about how life may not be as fruitful living with HIV. Bob, I guess you could say im one of the worried well, or I guess I just need reassurance. I have old ear piercings (Havent worn earrings in years. The holes seems to have closed up but there are still penetration marks where the piercing is (Tiny marks). 3 weeks ago I helped a man who was cut in a knife fight. His eye was badly cut and I used his cellphone because he was already on with 911. Would my skin, being an old piercing wound be an effective barrier to prevent transmission if blood was involved? Also I know that the ear canal is not a mucous membrane but are there mucous membranes in the earlobes? The experience was a bit traumatic so maybe im still going through it and using my irrational fears of HIV to help me deal with it. Well regardless if you respond or not, it's something I have to deal with right!? Anyway take care and have a great Thanksgiving!

Thanks for your kind comments. They are much appreciated.

"If I can find it in the archives, I guess I shouldn't worry?" I'd agree with that logic!!!!!

". . . I guess you could say I'm one of the worried well . . . ." Yep! I certainly could and indeed I will. You, my friend, are a worried well!

Your old ear piercings are not an HIV risk. No way. No how. The earlobes are not mucous membranes! (If they were, they'd be covered in gooey mucous!)

Happy Thankschristkwanzaakah

Follow-up to HIV ARS Fears
Can you develop KS in a year after exposure to HIV