Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Amsterdam CSW
Nov 27, 2008

Hi Doc Bob,

I don knw you notice or not but this is fifth time I am writing to you with a hope of atleast a single liner reply. Doctor I visited Amsterdam Red light district a month agao and had my only exposure of life in which I kissed using more of a tounge on the non sexual parts of the lady and also had protected BJ from her. I know that you will say these are no risk activites but perhaps my mind is playing games with me and had taken me to a well u call Worried well actually my scenario is of whatif cases just a couple of questions please I beg you do answer me this time I cann;t handle this stress and daily only thing I think is how to face my family after this. My questions are 1) I didn't noticed any fresh bleeding cut on that lady's body but what if there was just a small droplet of blood on her body which somehow went unnoticed and also blood was not significant enough which could cause some taste(I don remember tasting any blood) also I have has sore throat for like month and a half so will that impact anything along with some cracks in my lips my oral hygiene otherwise is good and my gums donot bleed at all. 2) Condom which they use I suppose are like latex only because it was like a baloon like plastic rubbery stuff which covered my penis and I don't think so it broke because I could see my *** collected on top but didn't tetsed it with water so is it safe to have Protectd BJ and also do we know when condom breaks or can there be microscopic holes which can cause infection.

Doctor I know you are very busy man but please give me atleast some reply I won't stop trying till you reply back. So please do tell me if i need to get tested for HIV on basis of my exposures. As I have already said before I will start donating on an yearly basis regardless of you reply do tell me the way for it as well.

Wish you and Dr Steve all the luck and happiness in the world.

Keep up the good work and may God bless you.

Thanks Worried Indian

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Worried Indian,

You are correct: I am indeed going to advise you that your nocturnal adventures in Amsterdam's red light district are "no risk activities!" Your what-if-ing is unwarranted.

1. No risk.

2. No. Microscopic holes are not a problem for latex condoms.

HIV testing is not warranted medically. However, if my reassurance is not enough for you to shake your HIV worries, get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The results will undoubtedly be negative.

Stop worrying and start WOO-HOOing! Thanks for the good wishes!

Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Being Immune?
Next
Follow-up to HIV ARS Fears

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.