What do I say to an HIV+ve cousin

A cousin has just recently been diagnosed as HIV positive. I have been scared to visit her for fear of being awkward. What do I say to her? What issues do I discuss with her? How can I have a normal relationship with her? Can I discuss her status? What if she is not willing to talk about it?

Every situation is somewhat different. My best advice would be to turn the situation around. Suppose you were recently diagnosed HIV positive. How would you feel if your cousin was "scared to visit you for fear of being awkward?" What would you want her to say to and discuss with you? Your cousin needs your love and support. Offer that to her in a nonjudgmental way and the discussion will take care of itself.

HIV DUO Test
HIV Possibility