HIV DUO Test
Nov 26, 2008
Hi - i have undertaken a HIV DUO test 10 days after exposure - the exposure was protected sex with a masseuse whos status i do not know. the result of the test has come non-reactive (0.22). Do i need to test again after 28 days ? is this test result conclusive or only comforting for the time being. also does a result of 0.22 mean that the virus is on the rise and it could become positive when i test 28 days after exposure
many thanks in advance for the help
Response from Dr. Frascino
Two quick points:
1. If your exposure was "protected sex," your HIV risk would be essentially nonexistent, because protected sex is indeed protected, assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not fail.
2. HIV-antibody tests taken prior to the three-month mark are not considered to be definitive or conclusive.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- If I Have Ars Will I Have Runny Nose?
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Burning Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Pathophysiology Of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Vaginal Discharge Viral Infection Complications
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.