Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

please answer 50$
Nov 26, 2008

what is the course of lymph nodes in ars? 4 weeks after my oral risk i had a very sore throat sinus infection and swollen submaxillar node about the size of a grape. About a month and a half of that my anterior cervical nodes became swollen and the sub max ones went down and are now size of a bean and hard! The cervical ones have been persistant and painless for about 4 months now! ive read books about them and it said they would be all over the body! Well last week i got one in each armpit now about the size of aalmond! shottynodes in goin too. i also have wierd thing happening to my tongue. looked for pictures resembling mine but none so far. i also jst got a ulcer on thelingual side of y tongue. please. do the lymph nodes in ars all swell at once or are the spaced out/ please help!!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Generally speaking, lymphadenopathy (swollen lymph nodes) associated with HIV ARS is generalized (multiple locations simultaneously) and not painful. However, the course from person to person can be quite variable.

Once again, I must point out that worrying about lymph nodes or any other potential HIV-related symptom is the wrong approach if you are concerned about HIV disease. The reason to worry and/or get HIV tested is HIV risk exposure, not the presence of symptoms! Swollen lymph nodes or not, if you've placed yourself at risk for HIV, you need an HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. It really is just that straightforward!

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Hi funny doc :)
Next
Only a how are you

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.