|Unprotected oral sex while I had a cough
Nov 26, 2008
Hi doctor, a week ago I had unprotected oral sex with someone I thought was safe but turned out to be a prostitute. I had performed oral sex on her for about 10 minutes and thought I tasted a bitof blood in my mouth probably coming from me since my tongue was at work. She seemed clean, no sores and no t too much secretion. then afterwards I thought about intercourse unprotected but didnt but my tip might have rubbed against her's slightly. Then she performed unprotected oral sex on me and then that was it. I dont know for sure if she had HIV but can you tell me based on what happened, what my chances are for contracting HIV 1. if she was positive 2. if she was negative. Please let me know as I am sooo scared...thank you. PS I have donated $20.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
1. If she is HIV positive, your HIV risk (cunnilingus and insertive oral sex) is low. You can read about these topics in great detail in the archives. We have an entire chapter devoted to oral sex.
2. If she is HIV negative, obviously your HIV risk is nonexistent.
Thank you for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Common Are Oral Warts?
- Fever After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Rimming Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Drinking Water Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rectal Bleeding After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.