scared from philippines

please please doctor i wanna help to how can i donate just answer my question, i engaged in a one time unprotected vaginal sex here in manila, my friend told me she was clean, they don't wear any condoms while having sex, then 3 months later i decided to do it(sex) with her without condom, somehow my friend is negative so the stupidity of me(act first think later) we engaged in an unprotected sex, she was the receiver, now 10 days have pass i am suffering to itchiness inside my skin, phlegm, sorethroat and swollen lymph node at my right armpit im so scared now could this be ARS symptoms? im so so stupid please help me please and is it true that my risk is low(1:2000) ration? but somehow i'm thinking that i was the unluck one out of two thousand people please help doc

Hello Scared from the Philippines,

Unprotected sex does place you at some degree of risk for STDs, including HIV. The estimated per-act risk of acquiring HIV from unprotected insertive penile-vaginal sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive is 5 per 10,000 exposures. Your estimated risk would be lower, as we do not know the HIV status of your partner.

"Symptoms" are unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. The only way to determine that is to get an HIV test at the three-month mark. Do I think you'll be the "unlucky one?" No. I do not.

Thanks for your desire to make a donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. Donation information can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. In return, I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your definitive HIV test will be negative.

Masturbation
Waiting for results (from Milano) part 7