a most obvious question but somehow I can find it

Dear Dr. Bob,

I'm not trying to be funny or anything but I recently had an HIV test where my blood was drawn but I did not see the person throwing the equipments away. I also did not see her taking them out of the plastics at the beginning. She was also in a hurry for her lunch break.

I am very worried because I was testing for HIV in the first place so even if the needle exposure give it to me, I cannot explain myself.

My HIV test originated from a casual contact which I now know how stupid it was to test for.

In North America, could a plegmotosist just reuse low risk equipment like the part between the needle and the tube for drawing blood?

This seems so obvious to everyone but I am just so worried that maybe this nurse could've been dozing off or something.

It would be truly misfortunate if I never had HIV to begin with but got it through an HIV test.

Once again, I'm not trying to be funny. I just need a hard answer from someone I trust.(I've read your forums for quite a while)

I read that doctors in The High Praires in Canada are reusing syringes.Does this mean that no matter how strict regulations are, there will always be some people who "doze off"?

What are the chances I got HIV through a large city Capital Heath Clinic?

Please give me some reassurance.

thanks.

PS. I too, congratulate you and Dr. Steve. I hope you will live many more years to enjoy it. Who knows, maybe you'll stay alive 30 years after your unfortunate exposure.

A "plegmotosist"??? What the hell is that? Although you may not have been "trying to be funny," your post was amusing nonetheless. You're worried the nurse could have been "dozing off" and that she reused phlebotomy (blood-drawing) equipment, because she was in a hurry for her lunch break!?!?

Relax Max! Your fears are irrational and unwarranted. You cannot contract HIV from getting an HIV test! Period!

Finally, regarding your wish that I live 30 years after my unfortunate exposure, well, I was infected in January 1991. If I were to live only 30 years after that fateful day, I'd be pushing up daisies in 12 years. I had planned to stick around a bit longer than that, if it's OK with you.

THANK YOU (Re: Is PEP Still Recommended)
Re: pepse