Should I start PEP, time running out PLZ responsd ASAP

Respected Doctor,

I am 40 yrs,male from India. I am a divorcee hence i visit call girls for my sexual urge. However the call girls, I visit are not VERY professional i mean they do this work only 2- 3 DAYS in a month for there financial needs.

Yesterday I was making sex with a call girl & during intercourse the condom broke. I realised the same immediately & changed the condom.I was inside her for just one or two second after the condom broke. Today I managed to take her to a hospital & got her HIV (Eliza) & VDRL tested. She is NEGATIVE for both.

Now my question is that in above situation should I start PEP as she might be in her window period. As yet 36 yrs have been past & PEP should be started in 72 yrs as far as I know. So I request you to respond immediately. What are the chances that I may get infected ?

For the great work you are doing for the mankind I shall like to donate. Pls inform me how to send the donation from India.

Regards,

Raj

Hello Raj,

Your potential exposure was very brief and your partner tested HIV negative; consequently, your HIV-acquisition risk is extremely remote. I would not recommend a course of PEP for such a minimal risk. (By the way, PEP is recommended up to 72 hours, not 72 years!) I would advise you get a single HIV test at the three-month mark to put any residual fears permanently to rest. The test results will undoubtedly be negative.

Thank you for your interest in the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. Donation information can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org.

Be well.

need help
Medical Attention needed or not (ANOTHER CUCUMBER QUESTION)