Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

hiv1 and hiv2
Nov 16, 2008

respected Dr, sir, i had sex with one of my freind(female) on 12 augest2008,since then i am suffering from std,as dignosied by dr who is hiv specalist.i consulted by dr after 4 and half weeks,coz i thought i might get fine with any medeication, but my dr recomended me to go for vdrl test , hiv1 and 2 elsia test along with esr and csr test,( which was negative date of test conducted;- 12/09/2008 i.e 33 days or 4 and half weeks from the time of exposure my esr and csr was aslo normal, 197 pilates within the limits of 150-500)), after tat i got my another eslia done hiv1.hiv2 dates 18-10-2008,ie, 67 days or afetr 9 week and half from the time of exposure which was negative, after that i got my PCR DNA of hiv1( group M) done on 23 -10-2008 ,73 days or 10 and half weeks after exposure which was negative again.after that i got tested my hsv 1 iig and hsv2 iig, hsv 1 igm and hsv 2 igm,which was negative as well dated 1-11-2008,ie, 11and half weeks or 82 days after the exposure which was negative, my DR who is HIV speclaist has cleard me from all the possiblity of me getting infection untill i reconsider my self for unprotected sex with any female. but due to strees reasaons i got my HIV1 and HIV 2 elsia done on 12 -11-2008, ie 13 week or 93 days. i am a cetizen of india, i live in mumbai but i got std or fungus as my dr stated from female in delhi. plc advice do i have t o get my hiv1 and hiv2 test gain and if yes then whne should i go for that test,plc aslo let me know do i have posiiblity hiv-2 after these tests, in near futures, if i go without conducting furthure test. untill i reconsider my self for unsafe sex. sir i need ur help , in turn i am highly obliged if i could be a part of ur vulnatry team in any form, or in a form financail donation.

sir i have got all my test done from metroplotian lap which is one of the best in the world they have offices in U.S, south afrrica and india, thialand dubai, sri- lanka.

THE GIRL is my freind apprantly i had sex with her one yrs back but anythig happen , and since then i had no sex with any girl after one yr we met and i sex again with her but this time i got the fungus.. i had shaerd my thoughts with her and she is mainting that she never had sex with any one during that period , she is 37 yrs old un married, working with MNC. and my age is 30 yrs,unmarried.

SIR. my hsv i and 2 iGG is 0.277 which is below the par( 0-0.9) \ my hsv 1, HSV 2 IGM (0.9) which again below par , coz anything above 0.9 is eqvocal. though i have discued with my Dr and MEtroplotian lab abd they its normal , and shouldnt be worried, but i need toseek the advise of an exprets like you as well, to settle down my stress.

sir plc do let me know do need to go for another HIV-1 and @ test and HSV! and @ test,(IIG,IIGM) again

looking forward to hear from you soon

Regards oberoi

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Oberoi,

Your repeatedly negative HIV-1 and HIV-2 tests (including PCR DNA) out to 13 weeks are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem! No way. No how! I agree that your herpes simplex virus tests are normal. No further HIV or HSV testing is warranted.

Thank you for your kind pledge to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. Donation information can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org.

Now stop worrying and start WOO-HOOing! OK?

Be well. Play safe and you'll stay safe.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Eyes and fatigue
Next
Testing

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.