Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Eyes and fatigue
Nov 15, 2008

Hi Dr and congratulations on your wedding. I hope you both had an amazing day and a great short break! I have never written before and the reason that I am writing is 3&5 years ago I had two risky exposures. One about 5 yers ago in Prague and one between 3-4 years ago in Thailand. I had all the normal symptoms people talk about with HIV such as night sweats that this March I built up the courage (wish I had taken the test earlier as stressed so much over the time)and went to a GUM clinic in the UK and had one screening / test for HIV and STD'S which came back negative. I actually confided in my wife which I owe her so much for as although I betrayed her she is still with me today. I actually gave her my card from the G.U.M Clinic and she called on my behalf as I was so sick with worry. Anyway the one test came back neagative. Since then though out of the blue I have been having terrible problems with my eyes which I have never had in the past. I have servere floaters, mainly in my left but they do affect both eyes. My eyes always seem dry and I blink very rarely. My eye lids also twitch a lot and I suffer from eye lash / eyebrow dandruff. Do you think that the one test was sufficient or do I need another one to make sure that I was not infected. I found it so hard to take the test that I really don't want to take another if I don't need to.) The lady at the clinic said I didn't need to test again. I always feel tired and very lafargoc and my eyes seems to be getting worse day by day even though I saw an optition who said I had 20/20 sight. As I am typing this I am getting endless black floaters crossing my vision. Thank you and once again CONGRATULATIONS.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Your negative HIV test is definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem.

If you are being bothered by a variety of eye-related problems, I would suggest you see an ophthalmologist (eye physician) rather than an optician (technician). Your fatigue is most likely related to stress, anxiety and depression over your (unwarranted) HIV fears. It will most likely clear up when you stop worrying about HIV and believe your negative test results.

Thanks for the congratulations! Yes, it was an amazing day.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
What to do
Next
hiv1 and hiv2

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.