Eyes and fatigue

Hi Dr and congratulations on your wedding. I hope you both had an amazing day and a great short break! I have never written before and the reason that I am writing is 3&5 years ago I had two risky exposures. One about 5 yers ago in Prague and one between 3-4 years ago in Thailand. I had all the normal symptoms people talk about with HIV such as night sweats that this March I built up the courage (wish I had taken the test earlier as stressed so much over the time)and went to a GUM clinic in the UK and had one screening / test for HIV and STD'S which came back negative. I actually confided in my wife which I owe her so much for as although I betrayed her she is still with me today. I actually gave her my card from the G.U.M Clinic and she called on my behalf as I was so sick with worry. Anyway the one test came back neagative. Since then though out of the blue I have been having terrible problems with my eyes which I have never had in the past. I have servere floaters, mainly in my left but they do affect both eyes. My eyes always seem dry and I blink very rarely. My eye lids also twitch a lot and I suffer from eye lash / eyebrow dandruff. Do you think that the one test was sufficient or do I need another one to make sure that I was not infected. I found it so hard to take the test that I really don't want to take another if I don't need to.) The lady at the clinic said I didn't need to test again. I always feel tired and very lafargoc and my eyes seems to be getting worse day by day even though I saw an optition who said I had 20/20 sight. As I am typing this I am getting endless black floaters crossing my vision. Thank you and once again CONGRATULATIONS.

Your negative HIV test is definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem.

If you are being bothered by a variety of eye-related problems, I would suggest you see an ophthalmologist (eye physician) rather than an optician (technician). Your fatigue is most likely related to stress, anxiety and depression over your (unwarranted) HIV fears. It will most likely clear up when you stop worrying about HIV and believe your negative test results.

Thanks for the congratulations! Yes, it was an amazing day.

What to do
hiv1 and hiv2