What to do

Hi doc, I don't know what to do. On sunday night my husband and I made love, he has been HIV positive since last Oct. He is now on meds and is undetectable. after making love we discovered that the condom had broken. He didn't have an orgasm. I went to the emergency room per my dr. office and the er dr. told me there was nothing they could do, he said he couldn't give me any pep because it wouldn't benefit me after 2 hours. Is that true. today is Tuesday and I'm sure it's too late to do anything. I know I'll have to get tested and I will. what is my risk for getting HIV. Thank you.

The ER physician told you he couldn't give you PEP, because it wouldn't benefit you, since two hours had elapsed since your exposure??? WHAT??? That physician should have his medical license revoked! Contact your husband's HIV specialist or go to another ER immediately. PEP is most effective when begun as soon as possible after an HIV exposure. However, it is recommended up to 72 hours after a significant exposure. You can read much more about PEP and harm-reduction strategies for magnetic couples in the archives. Good luck. I'd also recommend you file a complaint with the hospital about the advice you received from that ER doctor.

Hello would you be kind to send your good luck Karma?
Eyes and fatigue